How to Empower the Workforce - Analyzing Internal Crowd Work as a Neo-Socio-Technical System -
- David Durward, University of Kassel, Kassel, Germany
- Benedikt Simmert, University of Kassel, Kassel, Germany
- Christoph Peters, Research Center for Information System Design (ITeG), University of Kassel, Kassel, Germany
- Ivo Blohm, University of St. Gallen, St. Gallen, Switzerland
- Jan Marco Leimeister, University of St. Gallen, St. Gallen, Switzerland
AbstractIn this paper, we analyze internal crowd work as Neo-STS from an employee’s perspective. Based on qualitative interviews, we describe in our model how employees perceive empowerment through participation in internal crowd work. As our main contribution, we detail and extend existing research regarding internal crowd work, Neo-STS as well as empowerment by identifying structural antecedents that affect psychological empowerment of internal crowd workers.
Return to previous page